Choosing the ideal nursery for children is a very important decision for working parents. It is advisable to choose with full conscience, since leaving them with total peace of mind is not only important for the parents, but also for the children. They will feel their parents’ confidence and will adapt better.
There are many possibilities and there are more and more options in the field of preschool education. Therefore, having a small guide to know which elements to fix and which features are essential can be of great help. Keep in mind the following tips:
8 tips to choose a nursery school to your liking
- Learn in depth about the educational project and the formation of your team, which should normally be made up of psychologists, pedagogues, teachers, speech therapists and social workers.
- Ask how many children each caregiver attends, it is a vital fact to know the quality of care that you will receive. In addition, remember that employees who cater for children from 0 to 3 years of age must have an educational qualification, at least.
- Make sure that the establishment complies with current state and autonomous community regulations. This way you will avoid exposing yourself to unnecessary situations.
- Confirms that the cleaning is careful in all spaces, especially in kitchen and bathrooms, which must be far away, as well as in the different classrooms and rooms that will count.
- Check that the security is more than evident, from the protected plugs to the top of the doors, temperature control in radiators and taps, etc.
- Feel if you breathe harmony by the natural light of the classrooms, and by the good ventilation, the amplitude of the spaces, the playgrounds, etc. Feeling that your children’s nursery is comfortable is the only guarantee that every morning you feel you leave them in the best hands.
- Find out in detail all the possibilities of extended hours before emergencies, as well as assistance policies when children are sick.
- Once you have decided the daycare, approach the exit and observe the faces of the children and how the caregivers of them say goodbye. If you dare, ask the parents their opinion. All this will give you a lot of information and tranquility before such a difficult choice.