Enrolling your child in kindergarten is a watershed in your life and yours. In addition to giving them a preliminary start in terms of their education, it is also when you let them explore a new environment that will significantly affect their personal success in the coming years.
Choosing the right kindergarten is one of many crucial decisions you should make for your child. Here are some questions you should ask yourself before making this decision:
Ready? There are some signs that can help you understand if your child is ready for this stage. Some of them are:
- You can go to the bathroom on your own
- Has the ability to put on sweater and shoes properly
- Knows how to count and recite the alphabet (Not crucial but will help you understand the basics)
- He is comfortable when he is alone and you are not close
- Can relate positively with other children
- Does the school tie with my needs?
You know your child better than anyone, that is why only you know what is best for them and increase their strengths. What factors should I integrate into my decision? I recommend you to check here primary tuition centre singapore .
- Near the house
- Transport services
- Specific interests such as art, languages, sports, extracurricular activities, etc.
- Curriculum structure
- Your economic situation
Do my values match those of the school?
A recurring question that all parents ask us even when the children are already in a school is: How to know if my child is in the right school? The emotional, mental and physical development of your child are the most important for you. It is necessary that the values and culture of the school fit with what you have taught your child and what you want to continue developing.